|9107 Horner Court Fairfax, VA 22031 MAP 703) 645-6300 (703) 645-6397 (FAX)
At Mantua Elementary, we have a proud tradition of parental involvement and volunteerism in our children's education. The Mantua Elementary PTA supports the school and community by sponsoring a wide variety of programs to enrich the educational and social experiences of our children. Together the parents and teachers advocate for excellence in the education of our Mantua students.
Join the PTA
Did you know that the Mantua PTA funds and supports many of the activities and events your child will benefit from as a student here? With the support of our community, the PTA has funded and contributed funds for field trips, playground equipment, computers, software, library resources, and cultural/education assemblies. Some of the programs the PTA sponsors are the Basketball program, Book Fair, Spring Carnival and the Drama Club. In addition, the PTA produces the Parent Handbook, the Yearbook, the weekly Alert Newsletter, and the Mantua Student Directory. You can help in big and small ways! Your participation through volunteering and fundraising support is crucial to our goal of providing the best
programs to our students and their families.
We couldn't do it all without our wonderful and tireless volunteers! To find out more about the opportunities available, click here. Or you can let us know your interests by using the 'Volunteer!' button inside the PTA
Database (after you've entered your name), or contact us by email.
We can help match you with a rewarding opportunity to help. Volunteering is a great way to connect with the school community while making a significant impact on your child's school experience!
Your support of fundraising events and tax-deductible donations all add up to wonderful programs and clubs for our children. Currently, our major fundraising events are:
- Fall Fundraiser (September)
- Online Auction (February)
- Spring Carnival (March)
Want to help in simple ways that still benefit our children tremendously? Just participate in:
- Box Tops for Education
Clip the Box Top coupons off of participating brand packages and turn them in to our "Box Top Box" at the front entrance Parent's Corner table. Each Box Top is worth 10 cents to our school--last year we earned over $1500!
- Cartridges for Kids
Bring in those used ink jet or laser printer cartridges, cell phones, laptops, or PDAs from home or work and place them in the gray Rubbermaid container in the front lobby. You can also include any accessories like chargers, extra batteries, cases, headsets, etc. Mantua earns money for recycling all of the items through the Cartridges For Kids program. Be green and earn Mantua some green!
- Grocery Store & Shopping Programs
Register with the following (easy!) programs that benefit Mantua while you're shopping:
NOTE: many programs require you to re-register your school choice/s each new school year!
- Giant Grocery Store (A+ Bonus Bucks Program):
- Harris Teeter "Together in Education" Program:
- Register your card with Mantua's school code: 4458
- Safeway Grocery Store & eScrip Program (for various other online vendors, too):
- Register your Safeway card with Mantua's school code: 6662473
- RENEW Safeway eScrip here (must be renewed every school year!)
- Find out more about the program and other eScrip shopping vendors!
- Office Depot "5% Back to Schools" Program:
- Purchase your school supplies at Office Depot stores and give them Mantua's school ID Code at checkout each time you buy. (Our number is 70103653, or you can have them look it up at the register.) Mantua will earn 5% towards FREE supplies for our teachers!
- Or, if you purchase your supplies online, click here to input your order number and give "credit" to Mantua!
- "OneCause" Online Shopping Program (formerly known as SchoolPOP):
- Join and shop at tons of online stores like Amazon.com, eBay, LLBean, Staples, Land's End and JCPenney. You can earn money for our school by choosing Mantua Elementary as your "OneCause"!
- Target "Take Charge of Eduction" Program:
Additional PTA Links:
2013-14 New Family Info Packet!
Summer Camp Recommendations
At Jostens.com, click Yearbook -->
Buy Your Yearbook --> Enter "Mantua"
GENERAL INFO FOR 2012-13:
- Parent Handbook HERE
- Kiss & Ride Info
- PTA Board & Committee Chairs List
- Mantua ES Car Magnet Orders
Get the PTA ALERT e-NEWSLETTER!
- Sign Up for the Alert e-News
- Update your email address
- Get Past Issues of the e-Alert
|The following links are outside of the Mantua PTA website, and the content contained there is not controlled by or monitored by the Mantua PTA